Hearing loss is a tremendous problem that is affecting millions of people around the globe. Yet, it doesn't have to stop anyone from being a contributor. Here are five seniors who took action to deal with hearing loss and haven’t let the condition prevent them from reaching success.
1. Barbra Streisand: According to Today's Seniors,this singer, actor and political activist has coped with tinnitus since the age of seven, but continues to entertain millions of people despite that fact.
2. William Shatner: This Canadian legend and "Star Trek" star injured his ear and developed tinnitus during a premature on-set explosion. “There were days when I didn’t know if I would survive the agony [because] I was so tormented by the screeching in my head,” said Shatner.
But he discovered Tinnitus Retraining Therapy and it helped him continue with his storied career...
3. Rush Limbaugh: You may not agree with everything this bombastic right-wing talk show host has to say, but it is truth is that he experienced sudden deafness.
4. Phil Colllins: This internationally renowned musician had to retire from touring because of hearing problems. That hasn't prevented him from occasionally performing live. Other musicians who have struggled with hearing loss include Bono, Bob Dylan, Bob Seger and Pete Townshend.
5. David Letterman: This late-night comedian has tinnitus. Coincidentally, his right-hand man, Canadian Paul Shaffer, has also had to deal with the same problem.
If you suspect you have hearing loss, or want to ensure you maintain your hearing health, book a complimentary hearing test at the Connect Hearing clinic nearest to you.