At Connect Hearing, we conduct hundreds of complimentary hearing tests a day. With more than 112 clinics across Canada, we are the nation's leading network of hearing-health offices. When booking a hearing test, many of our clients often ask us what is involved in the process.
"A hearing test is painless and quick. It's also incredibly informative and can lead to prescriptions and treatments that will keep you connected to the sounds and people you love for years to come," says M.J. DeSousa, our Director of Professional Practice.
We alway recommend you bring a friend or family member as a full hearing test can take up to 90 minutes and include the following:
- Examination: A visual exam of your ears for any factors that could affect the hearing test results such as infection or wax build-up.
- Hearing Health History/Personal Hearing Survey: You will be asked specific questions about your otological (hearing) health and general health factors that can affect hearing such as diabetes or high blood pressure.
- Hearing Needs Assessment: Your Connect Hearing Professional will ask you about 3-4 daily situations in which you would like to improve communications.
- Hearing Test: A hearing test is an evaluation of the sensitivity of your hearing. It takes place in a sound-proofed booth or room. Seated comfortably, you’ll put on headphones and listen to a series of tones. You will push a button when you hear each sound.
- Results: Your Connect Hearing professional will explain your results and how they relate to the communication situations you’ve described.
- Solutions: If you can benefit from hearing aids, your Connect Hearing professional will recommend a solution for your individual hearing loss, including the option to try hearing aids for two weeks at no obligation so you can experience the improvement first hand.
Are you wondering how you can book a hearing test? Check out the video below and click here to book a complimentary appointment today.